November 10, 2011

From 1982: What Might Be The Greatest Single Of The Eighties

This clip is mislabeled as being from 1983; that's not possible, as Fridays stopped airing on October 22, 1982.

Still, it's a magnificent capture of a great live version of this song. Here's Tommy Tutone, with "867-5309 (Jenny)."



I owned this on a vinyl 45; I bought it with some of my babysitting earnings at the Zayre right by my church in the summer of 1982. If I remember correctly, I also bought some Faberge Organics shampoo on that shopping trip, too.

It did not make me look anything like Heather Locklear.

Oh, and my Dad banned Jenny and her phone number after I played the record 12 times in a row. "I don't want to hear those numbers in this house again, Laura Beth," he said. "At least not in that sequence."

1 comment:

  1. No offense but that is completely not the best song of the 80s. Obviously I Ran by Flock of Seagulls is the best song of the 80s.

    ReplyDelete