July 28, 2009

This Reminds Me Of This Strange Song That My Sister, Jane, And Her Best Friend, Jenny Dant, Came Up With About Darth Vader Back In The Summer Of 1980

REPOSTED BY REQUEST

By the way, Jane and Jenny's song was called "Darth Vader Boogie Out" and even had its own special dance to go with it. It involved flashlights, if I recall (it was conceived and written during a summertime sleepover at our house).

Mental note: blackmail Jane. Although knowing her, she would probably still be proud of it.

UPDATE: Jane is just not proud of Darth Vader Boogie Out, she is shamelessly unapologetic about it and in fact speaks fondly of it even today at family gatherings and the like. When I mentioned it to her, she immediately starting singing the song's complex lyrics ("Darth Vader boogie OUT! Boogie boogie boogie OUT!"), but I could tell over the phone and across the miles that she was doing the dance along with it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not letting my husband see this, because he'll want one of these for our guest room. Not awesome!

    ReplyDelete