March 13, 2009

It's Friday, Here's Tuesday: It's Periwinkle Pussycat



There is so much wrong with this scene, it is absolutely right.
From 1966's Lord Love A Duck.

Sue Lyon, the original Lolita in the 1962 film, said that she always felt that two women were better suited to playing the title role: her best friend, a then completely unknown young model named Holly Michelle Gilliam (who would later be known as Michelle Phillips); and Tuesday Weld.  

When told this, Weld famously replied, 
"I didn't have to play Lolita.  I was Lolita."

5 comments:

  1. What the hell is this? Cashmere and incest!

    It's a shame all those beautiful sweaters are in black and white, but Sue did a gushy good job with the color names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Isn't it wildly inappropriate? That's why I so love Ms. Weld...she never seemed afraid to "go there." She got cast in her movies a lot of the time because she was Blond Sex Personified, so why not parody it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's Tuesday Weld romping among the sweaters? I'm old enough to know my sex kittens, but maybe not. It's been a long time.

    I have two periwinkle pussycat cashmere sweaters. I wear them to work. No one cares but me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, daddy. this is frightening.

    ReplyDelete